Ville Marie is bordered by Westmount, the Southwest, the Plateau and HOMA. Although it covers a mere 14.49 km2, Ville-Marie is the undisputed heart of Montreal. Most of the city's tourist attractions can be found here, such as City Hall, the main shopping areas, schools and more. It therefore goes without saying that this area is very well served by public transit, metros and busses alike.
Although it is a very popular area for tourists, the area is also residential, with more than 80 000 inhabitants. Ville-Marie consists mostly of condos. This area will interest people who wish to live at the heart of the action and in a historical area. Of course, one must be ready to pay a certain price to live the high life!
The neighbourhoods it encompasses:
- Old Montreal and the Old Port
- The Sainte-Marie neighbourhood and the financial sector of Montreal
- The Gay Village
- The Golden Mile
- The Latin Quarter
- The International quarter
- The Museum Quarter
- The Quartier des Spectacles
- Griffintown (in part)
- Shaughnessy Village
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="592"] Chinatwonn/Quinn Dombrowski — Flickr[/caption]
Features and attractions:
- Frontenac, Papineau, Beaudry, Berri-UQAM, Saint-Laurent, Place-des-Arts, Square-Victoria, McGill, Bonaventure, Peel and Guy-Concordia metro stations
- The Notre-Dame Basilica, one of Quebec's most magnificant religious structures
- Hotel de Ville de Montreal
- The Old Port of Montreal
- The Notre-Dame-de-Bonsecours Chapel, a church built in 1655 at Marguerite Bourgeoys' request
- The Marguerite Bourgeoys Museum
- Place Jaques-Cartier, Montreal's most famous pedestrian walkway
- Place D'Armes
- Sir-George-Etienne-Cartier Historical Site, the home where George Etienne Cartier, one of Canada's founding fathers, lived.
- Universite de Quebec a Montreal (UQAM)
- Concordia University's downtown campus
- Mcgill University's downtown campus
- Dawson College
- Marianopolis College
- The Cegep du Vieux Montreal
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="311"] Crédit: Martin New[/caption]
Discover new condo projects in Ville Marie here.
Discover new houses in Ville Marie here.
See the boundaries of Ville Marie in Google Maps.
Stock images: Shutterstock
Most popular articles